Little Young

Hey Baby Girl
With your eyes so wide
Facing the world, head on
Nothing at all to hide
Hey Baby Girl
With your smile so sweet
And special, just for me
Laughter, giggles, grins
You're as happy as can be.

Hey Baby Girl
As I hold your chubby hand
I tell you that I love you
I hope you understand

Hey My Baby Girl
Your mama loves you so
Holding on to these moments
Never to let go.



Friday, August 28, 2009

Dinner Time

Before getting pregnant I was what my grandmothers like to refer to as a 'good eater'. Which basically means I like to eat. A lot. Of mostly anything. Ya. Yay me. Anyway, then suddenly, nausea hit and EVERYTHING looked disgusting and smelled vile and like garbage. Food lost its appeal. Something inside me decided to reject all food. And when something sounded or even tasted good, I would eat it for every meal. Until I got sick enough times on it that it was added to the list of foods that may never be a part of my regular diet again. Foods on this list include: marinara sauce, tuna, McDonald's double cheeseburgers (ugh, yes I know, gross, but it sounded so good those couple times....didn't end well), chicken in any form, watermelon,....ya.
In the past month my appetite has started to increase and I am eating a better variety of foods. But let me tell you...if I go too long without eating...say, more than 2 hours. This picky eating disease returns in full force. I get a little nauseas and suddenly an evening in our house sounds a little like this...

Me: I'm HUNGRY, I need to eat. Right. Now. Feed me! [Probably looking like a wild ravenous beast with crazy eyes]
Eli: [Calmly and in Eli fashion as if we haven't had this conversation 1875847545 times] What do you want to eat?
Me: Oh no, you didn't just ask me that! How am I supposed to know? What are my options? [Grr]
Eli: Well...we have sweet potato fries...
Me: SWEET POTATO FRIES. Yuck! Why would you think I would like that [insert: used to be my favorite food. But oh ya, add it to aforementioned list.]
Eli: Umm...Pasta?
Me: PASTA?! Disgusting! I will never eat pasta again, eew, yuck. NEVER! EVER. AGAIN.
Eli: Umm, dry cereal?
Me: DRY CEREAL! Are you for real? That isn't even a real choice. I will not even entertain that as a choice!
Eli: ...
Me: NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Go away.

Is this ridiculous? Have I suddenly turned into the 3 year old of my nightmares? Don't answer that. And don't pull me aside to make snide comments about poor Eli here...cause guess what. I'M. STILL. HUNGRY. And nauseas. And sick of puking. I guess we're going out for dinner.
Again.



P.S. After eating I become the most delightful of company. I swear. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment