Little Young

Hey Baby Girl
With your eyes so wide
Facing the world, head on
Nothing at all to hide
Hey Baby Girl
With your smile so sweet
And special, just for me
Laughter, giggles, grins
You're as happy as can be.

Hey Baby Girl
As I hold your chubby hand
I tell you that I love you
I hope you understand

Hey My Baby Girl
Your mama loves you so
Holding on to these moments
Never to let go.



Monday, January 25, 2010

Hannah Lee

We welcomed baby Hannah 01/21/2010 at 1:27AM.

She was 8lbs even, 21 1/8 inches long.

















I was admitted to the hospital Tuesday morning after having a slow leak of amniotic fluid starting Sunday night/early Monday morning. While I was having pretty regular contractions during this time the intensity wasn't picking up and I still didn't have a strong labor pattern. We tried inducing using natural induction techniques and then pitocin all day Tuesday and all night into Wednesday morning. Unfortunately all we managed to do was get a lot of really intense and regular contractions and no dilation and very little real progress. Wednesday a new midwife came on and we changed our game plan. The second induction was much more successful and after 6 hours of intense labor Hannah Lee was was born. I am very proud of myself for getting through such a long drawn out laboring experience without an epidural! The staff at Mercy Hospital was fantastic and I am very happy that we chose to birth there. Many other hospitals would have been a lot pushier with the pitocin and would have likely pushed for a C-section when the first induction failed.

Hannah was born very alert and pink. She was cute as a button from the very first second. I was truly shocked to see how perfect she was. I was expecting a wrinkly, red, and slightly alien looking newborn. When she was brought to my chest I was in complete awe of her beauty. She has been a joy to care for and a champion nurser. She only seems to cry when she is cold or uncomfortable something easy to fix. She sleeps for up to 4 hours at a time and spends a good chunk of time awake and alert. We are absolutely in love. I cannot believe how blessed we are to have her as our daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment