From about the second we got married we have been getting many many questions around our plans to 'start a family'. Though we were only 20 and 21 at the time, this didn't seem to matter to most. I guess it seemed like a natural next milestone after school, marriage, house, jobs, and such. Though I will admit that my patience has been wearing thin, and my husband has all but had to hold me back in the last few months of 'so when should we be expecting some news from you' or (while glancing at my belly) 'how are you? Anything new going on?'. And of course the straight out, 'You'd better give me a grandchild soon or I will beat you', but I digress.
I think people have been growing concerned because lately the questions have turned to, 'don't you want children?' Well folks, the answer is yes. We have wanted for quite a while. And it hasn't been easy. With prayer and patience (okay, maybe only one of us has patience and I am sure I don't have to clarify who that is) our turn has come. While we couldn't be any more excited- I know we won't be the only ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment